11. If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,)
what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?
12. For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
13. For he of whom these things are spoken pertaineth to another tribe,
of which no man gave attendance at the altar.
14. For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda;
of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.
15. And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,
16. Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.
17. For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
Heil, Hebrews, 170, ABCBA.