1 Corinthians 2:3-2:10
3. And I was with you in weakness,
and in fear, and in much trembling.
4. And my speech and my preaching
was not with enticing words of man's wisdom,
but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
5. That your faith should not stand
in the wisdom of men,
but in the power of God.
6. Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect:
yet not the wisdom of this world,
nor of the princes of this world,
that come to nought:
7. But we speak the wisdom of God
in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom,
which God ordained
before the world unto our glory:
8. Which none of the princes
of this world knew:
for had they known it,
they would not have crucified
the Lord of glory.
9. But as it is written,
Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard,
neither have entered into the heart of man,
the things which God hath prepared
for them that love him.
10. But God hath revealed them unto us
by his Spirit.
Bailey, Paul Through Mediterranean Eyes, 103.